August 17, 2026

Top Breaking News and Popular Stories

LIV Golf cancels 2026 season finale in Michigan

LIV Golf has officially canceled its final event of the 2026 season in Michigan following weeks of speculation, the league announced Monday.

The Michigan event, originally scheduled for Aug. 27-30 at The Cardinal at Saint John’s Resort, was supposed to serve as the league’s team championship.

Instead, this week’s LIV Golf Indianapolis event will crown the 2026 individual and team champions.

“The four-day stroke play event will take place Aug. 20-23 at The Club at Chatham Hills, where 57 players will contend for the Indianapolis individual title and final spots in the league’s individual season-long standings,” LIV Golf said in a statement. “The team competition will count the scores of all four players on each team every day, culminating with one of the 13 teams being crowned the 2026 LIV Golf team champion.”

Martin Kaymer, captain of Cleeks GC, said in July it was “highly unlikely” the season finale would occur.

Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund – LIV Golf’s main investor – announced in April that it would stop backing the league at the end of the season. LIV Golf CEO Scott O’Neil said earlier in August that the league has secured funding from an unidentified investor that will help it survive beyond this campaign.

Jon Rahm has already clinched LIV Golf’s individual season-long points title for the third straight year. Bryson DeChambeau and Joaquin Niemann are in second and third place, respectively.

Additionally, LIV Golf has canceled musical performances by Thomas Rhett and Disco Lines that were scheduled to take place in Indianapolis.

Copyright © 2026 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

Source: Sports Golf – The Score

Previous Article

Court: Allegheny County must reassess property, changing tax bills by 2032

Next Article

BMW Just Showed What ALPINA Looks Like Under New Ownership

You might be interested in …

Suber grabs lead in Open debut with electric finish

Nobody told Jackson Suber that experience is crucial to succeeding on the links golf setups of the Open Championship.The American’s first-ever round at The Open ended with the entire field in his wake after a 5-under 65 gave him a…

Clark survives Burns' charge to win 2nd U.S. Open

Wyndham Clark reminded us Sunday at Shinnecock Hills there is no such thing as a safe lead in major championship golf.The 54-hole U.S. Open leader narrowly avoided becoming just the second man since 1934 to blow a six-shot lead in…

Clark charges to 4-shot lead as wind dies down at U.S. Open

We expected afternoon carnage with intense winds at Shinnecock Hills, but the most violent display late on Day 1 of the U.S. Open was Wyndham Clark attacking a vulnerable golf course.The 2023 champion was part of the afternoon wave that…

Leave a Reply